Access 2 Place has been designed to align with, and support, the implementation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and individualised funding which underpins NDIS through the separation of tenancy management services from disability support services.
Currently many people living with disability have housing and support services from the same agency. Our main focus is on the provision of housing and supporting sustainable tenancies. This means our tenants can be secure in the knowledge that changing a disability support provider will not mean having to move to another home.
Access 2 Place aims to be a leading provider of housing for people living with disability and while adopting best practice in disability accommodation explore consumer driven options with flexible and innovative outcomes. The focus of Access 2 Place is on the housing needs of our current and future tenants, their inclusion in the community and supporting their right in making self-directed decisions about life choices.
National Regulatory System Community Housing.Access 2 Place is a South Australian Tier 2 Provider under the National Regulatory System Community Housing (NRSCH). The tier of registration determines the performance requirements and the intensity of regulatory engagement applicable to an individual community housing provider.
The NRSCH aims to ensure a well governed, well managed and viable national community housing sector that meets the housing needs of tenants and provides assurance for government and investors. The National Regulatory Code sets out the performance requirements that registered housing providers must comply with in providing community housing under the National Law. A key purpose of the NRSCH is to improve tenant outcomes and protect vulnerable tenants. Tenants can have confidence that their housing provider is meeting nationally consistent performance standards for service delivery.
As a Registered Housing Provider, Access 2 Place must:
- Be fair, transparent and responsive in delivering housing assistance to tenants, residents and other clients.
- Have suitable properties available at present and in the future.
- Work in partnership with relevant organisations to promote community housing and to contribute to socially inclusive communities.
- Be well-governed to support the aims and intended outcomes of our business.
- Maintain high standards of probity relating to our business.
- Manage our resources to achieve our intended business outcomes in a cost effective manner.
- Be financially viable at all times.